Welcome to the Office of Institutional Research
The Office of Institutional Research reports to the Controller within the Office of the Chief Financial Officer. The Office of Institutional Research (IR) produces various types of management information and provides reporting services at the University of Pittsburgh including:
- Preparing University information from various databases including the student enrollment history, the employee census history, and the faculty activity reporting system
- Compiling reporting requirements for the U.S. Department of Education and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Providing assistance in the administration of various surveys and regularly administering the Senior and CIRP surveys.
- Supporting the University's membership in the Association of American Universities (AAU) Data Exchange
- Annually publishing the University of Pittsburgh Fact Book