The Office of Institutional Research is part of the Management Information and Analysis group within the Office of the Chief Financial Officer. The Office of Institutional Research (IR) produces various types of management information and provides reporting services at the University of Pittsburgh including:
- Preparing University information from various databases including the student enrollment history, the employee census history, and the faculty activity reporting system
- Regularly fulfilling requests received from external organizations and meeting various compliance reporting requirements of the U.S. Department of Education and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Providing assistance in the administration of various surveys and regularly administering the Senior and Alumni surveys.
- Supporting the University's membership in the Association of American Universities (AAU) Data Exchange
- Annually publishing the University of Pittsburgh Fact Book